Are you looking for a way to spruce up the outside of your home this spring? If you choose to paint the exterior of your home, you won’t only make it look better but you will increase the value of it if you’re planning on selling it. Another bonus is that you will help protect it from weather damage. Painting the exterior of your home is like adding a protective layer that will slow down the effects that the weather can have on it. Exterior painting seems like an overwhelming task as it will take a long time, a lot of work, not to mention choosing the perfect color! You should probably consider hiring professionals to do the job. There are steps you can take to lower the cost when it’s time to paint.
Ways to Limit the Total Cost of an Exterior Paint Job
1. Limit the coats of paint required. If you choose a paint that covers well, is durable and has great pigments, then you won’t need to use as much. Colors like yellows, reds, pastels and electric blues are hard to apply. If you use the same color that’s already on the house, then you can save money as it will require less coats of paint.
2. Reduce the cost of materials. If you paint the exterior of your home with flat paint you won’t get a very durable finish but it will be easier to work with and cost less, so if you’re planning on selling the house then you’ll save money this way.
3. Prepare before the painter arrives. The height of your home and any landscaping will affect the cost to paint your home. If you can move items like planters, grills and outdoor furniture before the painter shows up you’ll save money because he won’t have to do it.
4. Cost of painting labor. The labor is the most expensive part of painting a home. If you decide to spray your home rather than brushing the paint on, it will reduce the cost of the job.
5. Choose the right painting contractor. Not all paint jobs are the same and the costs will differ. The length of time the paint lasts will depend on how the job is done. The right prep work and the quality of paint will deliver longer lasting results and it will look better too.
6. Only go with one contractor. You will save money if you stay with one contractor. To save money, have the job done all at once instead of using multiple companies for smaller jobs.
7. Take care of the finished project. To keep your new paint job looking its best, make sure you pressure wash the exterior to remove dust, dirt and pollen. It will also remove moss and mold that can grow. Make sure to caulk any areas needed to prevent moisture damage and maintain your trees and shrubs. Trim them away from the house so they don’t touch and cause lingering moisture.
Exterior Painting in Show-Low, Pinetop-Lakeside, Gilbert, Fountain Hills, Greer, Springfield, Eagar, McNary, Alpine, Heber/Overgaard, Payson, Snowflake/Taylor & White Mountains Area of Arizona
Always make sure to get more than one estimate. If you have a little bit of competition going on between different contractors, you might be able to get yourself a deal. Choose a company that’s been around for a while because it means they’re good at their job. Contact All Painting & Restoration to provide you with all the information you need to get the exterior of your home looking fantastic! Give us a call today.